What is the API?
The main component of the ProKnow DS server-side architecture is the ProKnow DS REST API which may be accessed over HTTPS. The API serves as an interface between the client (e.g., a web browser or script) and ProKnow DS databases and blob storage. If you're using the ProKnow DS user interface, you're already using the API! The user interface uses the API to create, read, update, and delete data from a web browser. DICOM DS also uses the API directly to upload DICOM files.
Full documentation of the API is still under development, however, many of the API endpoints have been implemented as part of the ProKnow Python SDK.
Projects Using the API
The following projects use the ProKnow DS API and may be helpful to you in your own automation, scripting, and process integration efforts. However, these projects are NOT validated as part of the ProKnow DS medical device and, as such, use of these projects is done AT YOUR OWN RISK.
These projects are created, owned, and managed by ProKnow staff, but may accept contributions from members of the ProKnow community.
- Python SDK — The ProKnow DS - Python SDK library provides convenient access to the ProKnow API from applications written in the Python language. It includes a pre-defined set of classes for API resources that initialize themselves dynamically from API responses.
Documentation — Project Page
- ProKnow Uploader — Application for creating unique applications for uploading to ProKnow DS.
These projects are created, owned, and managed by members of the ProKnow community.
No projects have been added to this section yet.
If you would like to see your project listed here, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. At minimum we ask that you provide your project’s name, description, and links to project page and/or documentation. In addition, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines.
- The project must be open source.
- The project must be documented in English, or an English translation must be provided (in order for us to evaluate it).
- The project must be documented such that other potential users of the API can understand it (with the understanding that they are familiar with basic programming algorithms, data structures, and programming language you are using). This includes demonstrating the problem you're trying to solve (e.g., how to integrate ProKnow into a clinical workflow) or the task you're trying to accomplish (e.g., importing patient custom metrics for analysis).
We reserve the right not to list your project, but we'll always tell you why.