IN THIS ARTICLE
Once you have uploaded patients using either the Uploads module or the DICOM DS Local Data Services, you can view a list of patients for a given workspace in the Patients module. This article explains how to manage the patients in your workspaces.
Note: You must have Read Patients permission to view the list of a patients for a particular workspace.
Viewing the Patient List
To view the patients in your organization, select the Patients module from the main navigation on the left. Use the workspace dropdown at the top of the page to switch workspaces. If your organization has many workspaces, search for the one you're looking for by filtering the workspaces by name.
A similar filter mechanism is available to filter the list of patients. You can filter the patients by typing the patient's ID or name.
Viewing Patient Details
Double-click on a patient row in the table to view details about a patient including any associated image sets, structures, plans, doses, and scorecards.
Creating a Patient
- Press the Create Patient button located in the gray bar at the top.
- Enter the unique patient ID and the patient Name. This ID must be unique within each workspace. Optionally, enter the Birth Date, Birth Time, and Sex fields.
Press the Create button to create the patient.
Note: You must have Write Patients and View PHI permissions to create patients in a workspace.
Patients may be selected in several ways:
- Click on the row to select only that row.
- Click on the checkbox in the first column to add the patient to the selection.
- Ctrl + Click on the row to add the patient to the selection.
- Shift + Click to add a range of patients to a selection.
Once you have one or more patients selected, the patient actions dropdown will become enabled with the options enumerated below.
Adding Patient Doses to a New or Existing Collection
Collections may only reference one dose distribution per patient. Patients containing multiple dose distributions will be skipped. To add patients with multiple doses distributions to the collection, activate the dose you wish to add on the Patient Browse tab, and add it to one or more collections on the Patient Collections tab.
Create New Collection
- With one or more patients selected, click on the Actions dropdown and press Create New Collection.
- Enter the Name and Description of the new collection.
- Press the Create button to create the collection with the selected patients.
Add to Existing Collection
- With one or more patients selected, click on the Actions dropdown and press Add to Existing Collection.
- Select the collection from the list of available collections. Use the collection filter to filter the list of collections available for the current workspace.
- Press the Submit button to add the selected patients to the collection.
Export as CSV
- With one or more patients selected, click on the Actions dropdown and press Export as CSV.
- Open the downloaded CSV, which will contain the standard and custom fields that have been set for the selected patients.
Establish Entity Associations
- With one or more patients selected, click on the Actions dropdown and press Establish Entity Associations.
- Select the type of operation to perform. Currently, ProKnow only supports the Single Entity Assumption type. Press the Next button to continue.
- Press the Search button to search for entities that can be automatically associated.
- If no entities are found, press Close to exit the wizard. Otherwise, press Continue to view the results.
- Download the list of proposed entity associations, and follow the instructions given in the wizard. Modify and reupload the file as needed. Once you're ready to continue, read and acknowledge the disclaimer by checking the box at the bottom of the wizard, and choose Continue.
- Press the Start button to begin the association process.
- Press the Finish button to exit the wizard.
- With one or more patients selected, click on the Actions dropdown and press Move.
- Select the workspace where you wish to move the selected patients. Press the Next button to continue.
- Press the Move button to execute the move operation.
- Once the operation is complete, you may download the results CSV file to review the results of each copy, including any errors. Press the Finish button to exit the wizard.
Note: You must have the Download DICOM and Delete Patients permissions for a workspace to move patients from that workspace and Write Patients and View PHI permissions for the destination workspace you choose.
- With one or more patients selected, click on the Actions dropdown and press Copy.
- Select the workspace where you wish to copy the selected patients. Press the Copy button to begin the operation.
Note: You must have the Download DICOM permission for a workspace to copy patients from that workspace and Write Patients and View PHI permissions for the destination workspace you choose.
CAUTION: Deleting patients is an irreversible action, so use caution. Deleting a patient will also delete all patient data associated with that patient.
- With one or more patients selected, click on the Actions dropdown, and press Delete.
- Press the Delete button to confirm that you wish to delete the selected patients and all their data.