Viewing Configured Services
To view your service configurations, point your browser to http://localhost:9526 to open the Management Console. If you're attempting to access the Management Console from a different machine, replace "localhost" with the IP address of the machine on which DICOM DS is running. If you are running the JAR file manually using a port other than 9526, replace 9526 with that port.
The DICOM DS service must first be running in order to customize your configurations. If DICOM DS is running, you should see a page that looks like this.
Starting or Restarting the Service
In some situations, the service may fail to start. In these situations, you may receive a failed connection message in the browser instead of the page shown in the screenshot above. Follow the instructions below to start or restart the service.
- Open the Task Manager.
- Switch to the Services tab.
- Find the dicom-ds service (description: ProKnow DICOM DS).
- Start that service if it's not running, or restart if it is running.
- Wait approximately 10 seconds.
- Reload http://localhost:9526 in the browser.
Select the Service module from the main navigation on the left to view the services. Services are listed in the Services sidebar. Each item denotes its Name, AE Title, Port, and Status (Running or Stopped). The toolbar for each service contains buttons for starting and stopping the service, copying the service, editing the service, and deleting the service.
Creating a Service
- Press the Create button in the Services sidebar header.
Please enter values for the fields in the Configuration and ProKnow Credentials section.
- Name: The name of the new service.
- AE Title: Application Entity Title. An AE Title is used by an Application Entity (AE) to identify itself. The value for this field must be 16 characters or less.
- Port: A number between 1 to 65535. It is recommended that you choose a port value of 3000 and above.
- Base URL: The base URL for your ProKnow DS organization. This is the first part of the URL when you are signed into your ProKnow account. It should be of the form https://my_custom_domain.proknow.com (replace my_custom_domain with the specific domain used to login to ProKnow DS).
- Credentials File: The path to your credentials file. Use the Browse button to select the file. The credentials file should be a JSON file containing an object with properties "id" and "secret." This file may be generated from your account profile in ProKnow DS. See Managing API Keys for more information.
Enable either the ProKnow DS Cloud Storage section or the Local Storage section or both. At least one section must be enabled. If the ProKnow DS Cloud Storage section is enabled, you must provide a value for Workspace Unique URL ID corresponding to a valid workspace in your ProKnow DS organization. Services configured with this option will store DICOM objects in ProKnow DS within the specified workspace. If the Local Storage section is enabled, you must provide a Root Folder location, which you can select using the Browse button. Services configured with this option will store DICOM objects locally (in the Root Folder location).
Permissions and the Credentials File
The API key that you create and download from ProKnow DS inherits the permissions of the user who created it. This user must be active for the credentials.json to be valid. In addition, to use the ProKnow DS Cloud Storage option, the user must have Write Patients and View PHI permission on the specified workspace.
- Press the Create button.
Starting and Stopping a Service
The status of a service is displayed in the upper right hand corner of the service row. To start a stopped service, press the Start button from the service toolbar. To start stop a running service, press the Stop button from the service toolbar.
Copying a Service
To copy a service configuration to a new service, press the Copy button. Then follow the instructions for Creating a Service above.
Editing a Service
To edit a service, the service must be stopped. Once it has been stopped press the Edit button, make changes to the service, and then press Save.
Deleting a Service
To delete a service, the service must be stopped. Once it has been stopped press the Delete button, and use the Delete Service dialog to confirm the operation.