IN THIS ARTICLE
Use this article to learn about viewing patient structures.
When you access a patient, click on the Structures tab to view the list of structures. The majority of the screen is devoted to the patient viewer, where you can examine the active image set, structure set, and dose. On the left is the structures sidebar, with a list of structures that belong to the active structure set. Eyeball indicators aligned to the right of each row indicate whether the structure is active. Clicking on a structure will reveal a details panel where you can find information such as the type of the structure, the algorithm used to generate the structure, and the description of the structure. Clicking on the Go to Structure button located in the details panel footer will navigate to the center of the structure in the visualizer and make it active.
Using the Go to Structure Feature
You can quickly jump to the central slice of a structure in the patient viewer by double-clicking the structure row.
You can toggle structures on and off by clicking the eyeball icon aligned to the right of each row. Click on the eyeball icon in the sidebar header to toggle all of the structures at once.
Toggling Patient Object Visibility
Toggle other active patient objects on and off using the Patient Object Visibility dropdown.
Creating a New Structure Set
If you did not upload an existing DICOM RT structure set but want to start contouring patient anatomy, you can create a new structure set for a patient directly in ProKnow DS.
Accessing Structure Set Versions
With the Structures tab selected, locate and open the Versions tab in the right sidebar. You will see the current version highlighted in blue. If there are other versions of the structure set, they will also be listed here. You can find additional details about the version by expanding each of the panels.
Downloading a Structure Set Version
- With the Versions tab opened in the right sidebar, click on the version you wish to download by clicking on it. Note that draft versions cannot be downloaded.
- Click on the download button in the ribbon at the bottom of the panel. An Active Downloads popup will appear in the bottom right corner of your screen that indicates when the download is being prepared and when the download has started.
- Locate the file in your downloads folder.
Note: You must have Download DICOM permission for a workspace to download a structure set version for a patient in that workspace.
Previewing a Structure Set Version
- With the Versions tab opened in the right sidebar, click on the version you wish to download by clicking on it. Note that draft versions cannot be previewed. To view a draft, edit the structure set instead.
- Click on the preview button in the ribbon at the bottom of the panel. The patient viewer will load the selected structure set version.
From here, you can either close the preview or commit the previous structure set version as the current version.
- To close a structure set version preview, press the Close Preview button located in the toolbar of the patient viewer.
- To commit the previous structure set version, press the Commit button, review and confirm that you've read the notice, and press the Revert button.
Note: You must have Contour Patients permission for a workspace to commit previous structure set version for patients in that workspace.
Editing a Structure Set Version
The label and message for a structure set version may be changed. If provided, the label for a structure set version will appear in the panel header for that version, and the message will be listed with the version details.
- With the Versions tab opened in the right sidebar, toggle open the panel for the version you wish to edit by clicking on it.
- Click on the edit button in the ribbon at the bottom of the panel.
Enter a version Label and Message, and press Save to save you changes.
Note: You must have Contour Patients permission for a workspace to edit structure set versions for patients in that workspace. In addition, all active patient objects (image sets, structure set, plan, and dose) must be in the same coordinate system in order to edit a structure set (in order to prevent creating contours based on misaligned objects). If you are attempting to edit a structure set that does not have the same frame of reference, but you believe that it is in the same coordinate system, it is possible to use the Force Frame of Reference tool from the Patient Browse tab to force a consistent frame of reference across all active entities.
Deleting a Structure Set Version
- With the Versions tab opened in the right sidebar, toggle open the panel for the version you wish to delete by clicking on it.
- Click on the delete button in the ribbon at the bottom of the panel.
Confirm that you wish to delete the file by checking the confirmation box and pressing the Delete button.
Note: You must have Contour Patients permission for a workspace to delete draft structure set versions and Delete Patients permission for a workspace to delete archived structure set versions. The currently approved structure set version cannot be deleted (delete the structure set instead).