Viewing Configured Services
To view your service configurations, point your browser to http://localhost:8768 to open the Management Console. For security purposes, the Management Console can only be opened from the machine on which ProKnow DICOM Agent is installed.
The ProKnow DICOM Agent service must first be running in order to customize your configurations. If ProKnow DICOM Agent is running, you should see a page that looks like this.
Starting or Restarting the Service
In some situations, the service may fail to start. In these situations, you may receive a failed connection message in the browser instead of the page shown in the screenshot above. Follow the instructions below to start or restart the service.
- Open the Task Manager.
- Switch to the Services tab.
- Find the ProKnowDICOMAgentService (description: ProKnow DICOM Agent Service).
- Start the service if it's not running, or restart it if it is running.
- Wait approximately 10 seconds.
- Reload http://localhost:8768 in the browser.
Select the Services module from the main navigation on the left to view the services. Services are listed in the Services sidebar. Each item denotes its Name, AE Title, Port, and Status (Running or Stopped). The toolbar for each service contains buttons for starting and stopping the service, editing the service, and deleting the service.
Creating a Service
- Press the Create button in the Services sidebar header to open the Create Service dialog.
- Please enter values for the fields in the Configuration and ProKnow sections.
- Service Name: The name of the new service.
- AE Title: Application Entity Title. An AE Title is used by an Application Entity (AE) to identify itself. The value for this field must be 16 characters or less.
- Port: A number between 1 to 65535. It is recommended that you choose a port value of 1024 and above to avoid ports that are typically used for network services or a port value of 49152 and above to avoid ports that may be registered. See List of TCP and UDP port numbers for a list of well-known port numbers you may want to avoid.
- Base URL: The base URL for your ProKnow organization. This is the first part of the URL when you are signed into your ProKnow account. It should be of the form https://my_custom_domain.proknow.com (replace my_custom_domain with the specific domain used to login to ProKnow).
- Credentials File: The path to your credentials file. Use the Browse button to select the file. The credentials file should be a JSON file containing an object with properties "id" and "secret." This file may be generated from your account profile in ProKnow. See Managing API Keys for more information. Note that once the service is created, this field will display the text “Valid”. This indicates that the credentials file was read, validated, and the credentials were stored in the database.
Enable either the ProKnow Cloud Storage section or the Local Storage section or both. At least one section must be enabled. If the ProKnow Cloud Storage section is enabled, you must select a Workspace. Services configured with this option will store DICOM objects in ProKnow within the specified workspace. If the Local Storage section is enabled, you must provide a Root Folder location, which you can select using the Browse button. Services configured with this option will store DICOM objects locally (in the Root Folder location).
Permissions and the Credentials File
The API key that you create and download from ProKnow inherits the permissions of the user who created it. This user must be active for the credentials to be valid. In addition, to use the ProKnow Cloud Storage option, the user must have the View PHI, Upload DICOM, and Write Patients permissions on the specified workspace.
- Press the Create button.
Starting and Stopping a Service
The status of a service is displayed in the upper right hand corner of the service row. To start a stopped service, press the Start button from the service toolbar. To stop a running service, press the Stop button from the service toolbar and use the Stop Service dialog to confirm the operation.
Editing a Service
To edit a service, the service must be stopped. Once it has been stopped press the Edit button, use the Edit Service dialog to make changes to the service, and then press Save.
Deleting a Service
To delete a service, the service must be stopped. Once it has been stopped press the Delete button, and use the Delete Service dialog to confirm the operation.
|Creating a service fails||Verify that the Base URL is correctly formatted as
|Ask your IT department to verify that the proxy and firewall settings for the workstation and network will allow access to your ProKnow domain. For more information, see the Whitelisting ProKnow DS Traffic support article.|